Thursday, March 08, 2007

So you're telling me there's a chance

Head scratchingly good.


Right now, the Bulls have a 0.8 percent chance of landing the top pick in the NBA Draft. That's not good. I spend most of my time rooting against the Knicks, who aren't playing well and are banged up right now. As it stands, they have the 11th-worst record in the NBA, and I could see it getting worse by a spot or two before the season is over.

That would get the Bulls up to a 3.55 percent chance. That's still not good.

So if the Bulls don't land a top-3 pick, they fall to whatever spot in the draft the Knicks would have been. We're likely looking at a slot in the 7-10 range. Since Oden and Durant will be long gone, who should I be rooting for the Bulls to take?

As you know, I've sworn off college basketball simply for the sake of contrarianism, so I need my college-hoops-following friends to tell me who might be available and who might be exciting. Keep in mind that the Bulls are almost certainly going to take a post player, preferably one who can score.

Who's worth looking at? Al Horford? Spencer Hawes? Roy Hibbert? I'm assuming Joakim Noah and Brandan Wright won't be available.

Lend me your insight, please.

Posted by Eli @ 12:30 PM

Read or Post a Comment

C - Moussa Mbaye, Valparaiso, IN

Cons: Played in RPI-challenged Mid-Con (ranked 36 of 22, not a typo) and has old man knees.

Pros: Given a light and a knife, can kill a snake.

Kevin Durant and Greg Oden would be crying like sissies.

Posted by Blogger lonewolf @ 4:12:00 PM #
 

I need REAL scouting reports! Where's Flotsam when I need it?

Posted by Blogger Eli @ 7:18:00 PM #
 

Here's who came up in my Chad Ford mock draft lottery sim thingy at ESPN.

1. Chase Budinger, fly white guy, Arizona: Apparently this dude can jump out of the gym, but we're not quite sure if he'll be leaving school yet. The pick is No. 11

2. Darrell Arthur, frosh power forward, Kansas: Dude comes off the bench for Kansas (bad sign) but evidently he's got a "pro body" and can play the three or four. Seems like kind of a weird pick considering you just took Ty Thomas last year, but more size is always welcome, I guess. The pick is No. 12

3. .. I must have clicked that damn thing 100 times and it was Chase Budinger about 98 of them, so I guess you'd better hope he comes out, according to Chad Ford. Frankly, with the Darrell Arthur pick, I don't know why the Bulls wouldn't pick up the guy projected to go the pick after to the Nets: 6-7 small forward Al Thornton from Florida State. He's not as "long" and maybe his Shawn Marion-ish skills wouldn't be suited to Skiles' offense, but I've seen him play a few times and he's kind of a freak.

Posted by Blogger Andrew @ 5:38:00 PM #
 

A snake?

Give me a light and a knife and I'll bring you three mountain lions and a yeti.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 10:39:00 PM #
 

Also, for the records- those lions were attacking Moussa's home village.

Posted by Blogger Edwin @ 10:05:00 AM #
 
<< Home

Listening

∴ Josh Ritter
∴ Flight of the Conchords
∴ Bloc Party
∴ Radiohead
∴ Nickel Creek

Reading

∴ Fire Joe Morgan

Viewing

∴ The Cubs