Monday, January 22, 2007

I'm not a gracious winner

Sniff.


Since I sometimes like to feed off the misery of others, I decided to look at some message boards of Saints fans on the Internet. The reactions are priceless. I've compiled some of the best for you, just so you don't have to wade through it yourself. Enjoy.
1.)I am really mad at the Seahawks right now. If they had taken care of business last week we'd be in the SuperBowl.
2.) In the post game comments by the Bears there was no mention whatsoever of the Saints
whereas Sean Payton congratulated the Bears, the fans, the city, etc. The Bears should have said something positive about the Saints
1. Translation: Since we couldn't beat the Bears, I wish the Seahawks would have done it for us.
2. Translation: I am needy. Please affirm my football team.
I tell you what, if they had any class they would have gone to a knee around the 4 min mark. Instead they punched in another score. Screw Lovie and all the bears, Go Colts.
A knee with four minutes left in the game? That's never happened in the history of football.
The Beernan "fumble" not being overturned was proof to me that the
refs were going to control the game as much as possible, and
most likely had an agenda that did not favor the Saints
Who is Beernan?
I haven't seen such a poorly officiated game in over 12 years. That's a fact. Like someone said yesterday, momentum wins games, and penalties stop momentum. When the score was 16-14, seems to me the officials went nuts calling penalties. Don't care what anyone says, I will always think of this game as the game the refs handed over.
I'll always think of it as the game the Bears forced four turnovers and ran for 196 yards. And then advanced to the Super Bowl instead of the Saints.
Let the bears enjoy their little run, last time I checked its been a long time since they've gotten this far either, and trust me, they better ride their turnover causing defense as much as they can because as soon as Grossman has to win the game they'll be in for disappointment.
Sort of like that drive where the Saints put eight men in the box and forced Grossman to win the game. That was sure disappointing.
While the Saints will be remembered for one of the greatest turnarounds in NFL history, the bears will be remembered only as a footnote to SB 41, you know when the Colts and New Orleans own Peyton Manning win the game. I believe the bears were given the game by the officials and somehow manipulated the turf in certain areas. So enjoy the next two weeks bears fans. You will then fade into obscurity.
Little know fact: Lovie Smith has a bachelor's degree in Turf Manipulation.
The NFL obviously set up Chicago with the easiest schedule this year so they could get the ethnic thing going and now they have exactly what they were trying to get. I always side with the NFC in the Super Bowl, but it will be just another year that I won't watch the game.
The NFL has incredible foresight. But, I mean, at least they care about black people.

Posted by Eli @ 9:16 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I was about to fling mud at you for stomping on the denizens of a broken, flooded city, but then I read their whining comments and your responses. And I laughed.

Should I go donate some money somewhere or something?

Posted by Blogger Andrew @ 5:15:00 PM #
 

I think you could definitely do that. I made a pledge before the game to donate $20 for every point the Bears scored.

And now I'm broke.

Posted by Blogger Eli @ 5:25:00 PM #
 

Like you, I also lurk often at WhiteTrashSaintsFans.com.

But, I mean, at least they care about black people.

This makes me want to kiss you on the forehead.

Posted by Blogger JR @ 7:41:00 PM #
 
<< Home

Listening

∴ Josh Ritter
∴ Flight of the Conchords
∴ Bloc Party
∴ Radiohead
∴ Nickel Creek

Reading

∴ Fire Joe Morgan

Viewing

∴ The Cubs