Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Congratulations, you

How many bad jokes is this going to spawn?


It seems that Time Magazine has named you its Person of the Year for 2006.

Congratulations!

You totally deserve it.

Everyone feel free to post their acceptance speeches in the comments section.

Posted by Eli @ 9:05 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I just want to thank God. And myself, really. But most of all, I want to thank God. Because I feel God in this Chili's tonight.

We are having the Person of the Year awards at Chili's, aren't we?

Oh.

I feel a little under-dressed now.

Posted by Blogger Eli @ 9:13:00 AM #
 

when I work for Time Magazine, I fully expect to mail in all my article concepts. Just like this one.

Posted by Blogger JR @ 1:51:00 PM #
 

Ugh, Time just jumped the fucking shark for real. Did you see the incredible interview CNN's Soledad O'Brien had with the Time president or managing editor or whoever the hell it was the other day? He's trying to talk about how great this idea is and it's so obvious even he doesn't buy his own bullshit I COULD SMELL HIS SHAME THROUGH THE TV.

Posted by Blogger Andrew @ 5:12:00 PM #
 

"SMELL HIS SHAME THROUGH THE TV" might be the best line ever written in this blog's brief history.

Posted by Blogger Eli @ 5:54:00 PM #
 

"Greg Oden's face is as ancient as the Sphinx, and his talent bestows the riddle."

Just trying to up the ante in the competition for Best Line On This Blog. It's a work in progress.

Posted by Blogger JR @ 7:55:00 PM #
 

I think this year's Time magazine is going to be a well used pick-up line come this time next year. Just imagine some seedy bar and a guy, let's call him JR, walks up to an unknowing young lady.

JR: "Did you know I was Time's person of the year last year?"

Girl: "Really?"

JR: "Really!"

I asked Becky how old she thought that the guy (Oden) was on Sportscenter and she said 40. I still don't think she believes me that he's not.

Posted by Blogger lonewolf @ 3:08:00 AM #
 
<< Home

Listening

∴ Josh Ritter
∴ Flight of the Conchords
∴ Bloc Party
∴ Radiohead
∴ Nickel Creek

Reading

∴ Fire Joe Morgan

Viewing

∴ The Cubs